Thursday, October 1, 2009

Partnership for 21st Century

I enjoyed reviewing the Skills for 21st century website. I was surprised by several things: that Colorado was not a state on the web site. Colorado is coming forward with many different initiatives dealing with technology. I would have thought that they would be on there. I was surprised how much information that you can find on the website and the other websites that you are redirected to through the website. I did find it interesting the framework that they have put together. Here in my district we have put together a reading framework and they are very similar. I felt comfortable reading and understanding the framework. Route 21 was a great way to see how the frameworks might be used in the classroom with different tools. I spent a lot of time looking through this part of the website. The only part about the website that I was not sure about is that it was easy to get lost. I would want to go back to a page and it was challenging at time to get there.

3 comments:

  1. It is very surprising how many states are NOT on the list. You would think that it is a great program being pushed by government for all states to be a part of. My biggest concern with the site / program is why are there so many states that are not a part of this? There has to be a reason.

    I found that it was hard to maneuver around the website too. There was so much information all over the website that it was a little confusing.

    I feel like there is something that we the educators are not seeing on the website that our education departments are in fact seeing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,

    I felt like I also was getting lost and confused by the material as well. What were the different tools that you found to be benificial? Did you explore them? That is one part of the site I didnt really explore. Do you think that they should provide lessons and unit plans on this site? I think it would make the content on the site more user friendly. After reading every ones post alot of people wondered why there state wasnt affiliated. If you find out please post so we know the reasons.

    Trenton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy,
    I was also surprised that my state was also not including on that list. To be honest with you I was a little shocked that we only had a few states listed up there also. There was a wealth of information there, however I have to agree with you that it was not always easy to navigate through.

    ReplyDelete