Thursday, July 8, 2010

GAME Plan!!

G: My goal will be to Model Digital-Age Work and Learning and Design and Develop Digital-Age Learning Experiences and Assessments.

A: I will begin to look at the curriculum for the up coming year and design digital-age learning experiences to go along with what I will be teaching. By doing this and setting up a blog for students and teachers throughout the school to talk. Other teachers as well as students will be seeing the modeling of digital age learning.
M: I will monitor the progress by watching the students in my classroom grow. I will monitor the progress of the staff by helping other teachers and watching myself become a change agent.
E: I will see if others teachers or staff is interested in what I am doing. I will extend my services out to help them so that others are on board with what I am doing.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,

    As I read through your game plan a few questions come to mind.

    What type of digital-age learning experiences are you considering trying in your classroom? Are you open to anything or did you have one or two in mind that you will focus on throughout the year?
    Will you begin by modeling?
    How soon do you anticipate the students begin using the technology?
    What technology tools do you have available?
    Do your students have computers at home?
    Since they are in thrid grade, do they have skills already in place?

    I like the idea of having a blog for the classroom. I feel that it is important to share ideas and lessons with colleagues and parents. I am hoping to have my own this year to keep the information flowing and dialog open.

    I am entused by your thoughts on collaborating and sharing ideas with others. I feel that teachers are the best resources of what does and does not work in a classroom. If we have open dialog with each other on our successes and failures, we can save each other a lot of time. Trial and error is a part of our job but if there are ways to limit it, I applaude them.

    I invite you to visit my blog and welcome any comments or advie that you have for me. Our profile has many similarities.

    Technology PLC and Me
    http://kristyln.edublogs.org/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete