Sunday, February 28, 2010

Reflection

I have enjoyed learning how to effectively use technology in the classroom during this course. I have realized how students are so much more engaged while working with technology. I am so excited to teach and guide students to their new learning. I always did believe that students should be doing projects and discovering their own learning but now I have discovered how that is possible in the classroom. I have enjoyed watching my students discovered their learning and their excitement about their learning.

I have already started integrating many of the concepts that we have talked about during this class. I have used bubbl.us to let students show their learning and thinking about the human body. My students have also made voice threads to share books and talk to each other about their favorite books.

My long term goals will be to first begin to integrate more technology across the curriculum within my classroom. I will do this by continuing to use a wiki so students can talk about books and talk about their learning with other students outside my classroom. I will continue to use the tools we have talked about in this class. I will also start asking the students to talk about their math thinking on the wiki. This will be similar to our math journals.

My second goal will be to become a change agent for my school. This will be the most challenging goal. I will need to first show to other teachers that students at all grades can have success while using technology and I will need to show that while students are using technology that they are growing at the same pace or faster then the “old” way. I then will have to show all the teachers how to use the technology themselves so that they will not be afraid to use it with their students. I will look forward to this goal because I believe so highly in it and love teaching others how fun technology can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment